Comprehensive Legal Services for Business and Individual Clients in Central Indiana
The Indianapolis law firm of Dale & Eke provides knowledgeable, experienced legal and business advice to our individual and corporate clients throughout Indiana.
We offer a high level of personal attention to clients’ needs and goals in a wide range of legal matters, from general civil litigation to complex business and commercial disputes. We routinely act as corporate counsel to advise and support clients as their business law needs grow and change.
We invite you to contact us today to schedule an initial consultation with an attorney at our office in Keystone at the Crossing.
Select a practice area below:
- Initial business entity selection and formation
- Drafting and modification of operating agreements
- Formation of contracts and resolution of breach of contract actions
- Negotiation, mediation and litigation of commercial disputes
- Business and employment contract disputes and litigation
- Disputes with former employees
- Vendor or customer disputes
- Leasing or acquisition of commercial real estate
- Commercial lease disputes
- Litigation of disputes between businesses
- Current or former shareholder and partner disputes
- Disputes arising out of noncompete agreements and other restrictive covenants
- Business reorganization and bankruptcy
- Tax controversies
- Guidance in hiring professionals — particularly physicians — already bound by an existing restrictive covenant
- Guidance in corporate transactions such as buy/sell agreements between shareholders, purchase and sale of businesses, assets or stock, and mergers and acquisitions
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- S-corp and C-corp
- General partnerships (GP), limited partnerships (LP) and limited liability partnerships (LLP)
- Sole proprietorships
- 501(c)(3) organizations, family foundations and other nonprofit businesses and tax-exempt entities
- Physicians groups and health care practices
- If you need experienced legal advice and intelligent counsel in the formation of a new corporation, limited liability company, partnership, nonprofit or family business, contact the offices of Dale & Eke to schedule an initial consultation.
- Contract negotiations, drafting and review
- The drafting and interpretation of noncompete and non-disclosure agreements
- General employment contracts and executive compensation agreements
- Leases and other real estate contracts
- Licensing and distribution contracts
- Negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation of contract disputes and breach of contract actions
- The drafting, interpretation and negotiation of health care professional contracts and joint venture agreements
Dale & Eke has over 30 years’ experience representing debtors, creditors, state court receivers and bankruptcy trustees. The firm represents debtors and creditors in all chapters of the bankruptcy code and in connection with out of court reorganizations and debt restructuring. The firms experience in bankruptcy matters includes individual Chapter 7 cases, Chapter 11 cases involving complex bankruptcy issues and bankruptcy litigation. Deborah J. Caruso is a Chapter 7 panel trustee and Ms. Caruso has been involved as a trustee and counsel for other trustees in some of the largest bankruptcy cases filed in Indiana. The team at Dale & Eke offers highly knowledgeable and experienced representation in bankruptcy and reorganization matters. Your needs will receive the focused attention of an attorney who is invested in the successful outcome of your case. Our clients include:
- Small and large businesses
- Family farms
- Real estate developers seeking financial reorganization
- Individual real estate investors or individual guarantors of business debt
- Banks, lenders and creditors in collection of distressed loans, in receivership proceedings, and in Chapter 7,
Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
- Parties in bankruptcy litigation including preference and avoidance actions
- Bankruptcy Trustees
- Individuals or businesses purchasing assets in bankruptcy cases
In today’s complex and difficult economy, the state court receivership filings have increased significantly. Dale & Eke has been representing receivers and creditors in state court receivership cases for over 30 years. Within the past five years, Dale and Eke has been involved in some of the more complex receivership cases filed in Indiana involving real estate developments, retail establishments and cases filed by the Indiana Securities Commissioner involving securities fraud.
- Drafting of contracts and resolution of disputes
- The purchase, sale or lease of real estate
- The negotiation and drafting of vendor contracts
- The negotiation and drafting of manufacturer representative agreements
- Exempt securities transactions (such as private placement memorandums and prospectuses that fall within the state and federal securities exemptions)
- Business financing matters and the raising of outside capital
- Business and commercial transactions in general
- Drafting and review of employment contracts, noncompetition agreements, manuals and procedures (including sexual harassment prevention and employment anti-discrimination policies)
- Counsel regarding ERISA compliance and other employee benefit matters
- Employer-side employment law matters in general
- General business litigation representation and litigation prevention strategies
As legal practice, our goal is to foster a beneficial long-term relationship with our clients. Our firm offers focused attention to your evolving legal needs and a dedication to results and communication. We invite you to contact the Indianapolis offices of Dale & Eke today to schedule an initial consultation with an experienced corporate law attorney.
- Revocable or credit shelter trusts
- Durable powers of attorney
- Health care powers of attorney
- Advance medical directives (living wills)
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Qualified personal residence trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Other advanced estate planning techniques for high net-worth individuals
As a multidisciplinary firm, we can also help you explore planning options outside the scope of a traditional will and estate practice. For example, we can help you protect the inheritance rights of children from a previous marriage through a prenuptial agreement under Indiana family law. Our lawyers can also assist in avoiding the probate process (the administration of estates). We invite you to contact our offices in Indianapolis today to discuss your estate planning needs. Trust Administration Trusts are very useful tools in estate planning and when utilized properly can result in substantial savings in federal estate and Indiana inheritance tax. Further, the use of certain trusts can result in avoiding probate. Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to advise you and to prepare the appropriate trust or trusts for you and your family, and also to counsel and assist you and/or the trustees in the administration of the trusts.
When Disputes Arise in the Probate Process
If the terms of a loved one’s will are not being honored, if someone has exercised undue influence to interfere with your rightful inheritance, or if the executor of a loved one’s estate is failing to fulfill his or her fiduciary duties, you may have to resort to probate litigation to obtain satisfaction. At the Indiana law firm of Dale & Eke, we represent heirs, beneficiaries and other interested parties in a wide range of probate litigation, including will contests, fiduciary claims and interference with inheritance matters. Probate litigation is not to be undertaken lightly or without the help of an experienced attorney. If you need help to stand up and fight for what is rightfully yours or to ensure that your loved one’s final wishes are carried out, contact our offices in Indianapolis today to schedule an initial consultation.
- Estate and inheritance tax planning and audits, as well as handling any assessment of additional estate or inheritance tax
- Representation in IRS tax audits
- Nonpayment of payroll taxes and disputes involving payroll tax deficiencies
- Failure to file tax returns, filing incorrect returns or nonpayment of taxes
Our attorneys provide personal attention and a dedication to producing results for individual and business clients throughout Indiana. Two of our lawyers are attorneys with CPA background. We can offer proactive counsel in matters of business taxation for new startups and established companies seeking to legally minimize tax liability. We also guide individuals and families in the creation of estate planning techniques to reduce or avoid estate and inheritance taxes. We invite you to contact our offices today to schedule an informative and completely confidential consultation with an experienced tax lawyer.
- Property purchase agreements
- Commercial and residential lease disputes
- Mechanics liens
- Contract litigation and disputes
- Boundary, easement and right-of-way disputes
- Adverse possession
- Condemnation and eminent domain
- Oil, gas and wind farm leases
- Partition actions
- Homeowner association matters
As a small firm, Dale & Eke is particularly positioned to offer you custom-tailored solutions and dedicated representation in these matters. Our attorneys provide personal attention and a focus on producing results in a timely and cost-effective manner. Dale & Eke represents individual and business property owners, property managers, commercial tenants, investors and financial institutions in a full range of real estate transactions and disputes. We invite you to contact our offices today to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers at Dale & Eke.
Comprehensive Business and Health Care Law Services
- Our attorneys offer personal attention in a full range of legal services for health care industry clients, such as:
- Business formation and incorporation of practices, organizations and health care joint ventures between hospitals and physicians groups
- Purchase, sale or merger of medical and dental practices
- Organization of an orthopedic hospital
- Drafting and review of medical staff by-laws
- Drafting and review of physician employment contracts and restrictive covenants involving health care professionals
- Federal fraud and abuse allegations, including violations of Stark and anti-kickback laws and regulations regarding direct and indirect payments for physician referrals (may include potential criminal charges)
- Contracts and business law services for physician and dental groups and other health care practices
- Compliance with a wide range of state and federal laws, regulations, standards and rules such as Medicare provider rules, professional licensing regulations, OSHA, HIPAA and facility standards set the Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO)
We invite you to contact our offices to schedule an informative consultation with an experienced attorney.
The experienced attorneys at the Indianapolis, Indiana, law firm of Dale & Eke advise business clients in the creation of employee benefits packages and retirement plans. We can guide you in complex matters of ERISA compliance and in administering retirement plans in accordance with state and federal laws.
In addition to initial drafting of benefits packages and retirement plans, the attorneys at Dale & Eke can conduct a thorough review of existing plans and recommend areas of improvement. Our attorneys can identify potential areas of difficulty and implement changes to bring about compliance with state and federal law. As a small, intimate practice, Dale & Eke can provide a high level of personal attention to these matters.
As a multidisciplinary law firm, we can also handle a wide range of collateral business law and employment matters. We invite you to contact our offices in Indianapolis today to schedule an initial consultation.
We are conveniently located north of downtown at Keystone at the Crossing and serve clients throughout Central Indiana.